Universal Kindness : I had had no problem reciting, feeling, or believing in Universal loving kindness for all individuals. I also take it a step further in that I wish this for all living creatures on this planet. As I recited the phrases, my mind focused on flashing images of people, places I have not been to in the world, animals, plants, and trees, and even images of sea creatures. I felt a sense of sadness, hope, love, intense compassion and sometimes emotional pain. After this practice I do feel physically and emotionally drained. This is the only way I can explain it. I am not sure if this is supposed to happen, but if not anyone that may know why this happens, I am open to all thoughts. When I feel unfulfilled, sad, or lost, and my mind shifts to outside my own world, I am able to see and practice universal loving kindness. Perhaps the key to my exhaustion lies there.
Integral Assessment : This practice was one of the first things I did when this class started, and it was this practice and reflection that allowed me to see my psycho spiritual level of development was the cause of most of my biological illnesses. Stress based became muscle tension, and pain in shoulders. Fear , anger, egotism, and an stagnant (I) view created gastro intestinal issues. I also recognize I am the healing as well as the healer. This means, practicing integral assessment has to be practiced on myself in order to practice it on others. I need to work on reassessment through stillness of my mind, and openness when assessing my mind, body, and spirit. Just knowing which area is ill, or out of balance, is not enough, I need to then tie together the symptoms so I can create a full picture of where I need work. Finally I need to understand which I have not before that the imbalance can and does happen often, and only through constant assessment can it achieve lesser symptoms of imbalance.
VickiD.
Humanness and Wonder
About Me
- Vicki Dansereau
- Vicki is a medical coder and biller for a New York Hospital. She helps patients sort through medical insurance issues and is a patient adovacate for the elderly who need administrative assistance. Her favorite season is the Fall and forest settings. I am studying for a Bachelor of Science Degree in Health and Wellness. I hope to use my degree to continue in the medical administrative field and possibly branch out to teaching healing techniques beyond conventional Western methods to elderly patients in a nursing home setting or hospice care center.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Vicki,
ReplyDeleteI have personalized my loving kindness exercise and, instead of meditating, I pray for those around me. I have also experienced exhausting times of prayer! When this happens, I also pray that God would restore my energy and joy and give me strength to do loving kindness the rest of the day.
Like you, I can indentify several areas of my life that leave me out of balance. When you approach these areas, do you find it easier to work more deeply on one area at a time, or a little bit of everything at once? Just wondering what works best for you. :-)
Vicki - You have accepted and risen to the challenge of this week's assignment very well. I like how you shared you thought processes in the loving-kindness exercise. I think you are drained from such a great personal investment into the exercise. Just as physical exercise makes us tired these mental exercises can drain our emotional energy. I was a little too cynical with the word "all" in the loving-kindness practice this week to actually give it my "all." You are doing a great job of self-reflection and I'm sure you will see great results from your efforts.
ReplyDeleteVicki, I have to agree with Barbara....mental/emotional workouts can be as physically draining as running. Somehow, though, when you are working on loving kindness like that, do you feel drained and exhilerated all at the same time? There is just something about asking for the best for others that just makes you feel good down in your soul.
ReplyDeleteKeep up the great work....I am learning so much from these lessons and everyone's posts in this class.
God bless :o)