About Me

My photo
Vicki is a medical coder and biller for a New York Hospital. She helps patients sort through medical insurance issues and is a patient adovacate for the elderly who need administrative assistance. Her favorite season is the Fall and forest settings. I am studying for a Bachelor of Science Degree in Health and Wellness. I hope to use my degree to continue in the medical administrative field and possibly branch out to teaching healing techniques beyond conventional Western methods to elderly patients in a nursing home setting or hospice care center.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Unit Seven Blog

  Meeting Asciepius:
To me he is Buddha, he is calm, loving, wise, caring, and compassionate.  He and I look into each other’s eyes, he does not speak, but I hear him, he does not move but I see his gracefulness.  I am feeling slightly frightened, unsure.  I am looking for a response, an answer, but he does not give one.  I hear him say it is ok, trust me, I am here.  I see yellow light, not white, and although I try to see what he sees, I can only feel what I think he feels. Love for all, including me.  This practice is somewhat unsettling, not bad, but not good either.  This is perhaps due to issues that are emotionally painful, fear of loss of reality, as I feel disconnected from my body physically.  I think my environment (surroundings are inhibiting me from fully completing this practice).  I believe I could allow the flow of light to enter me from him in a nature environment.  I can become, I do feel, I invasion myself with him, feeling what he feels, but I seem to be distracted and fearful of the practice that involves the light.   The last words coming home and the inner essence of Asciepius being me and inside me brought tears to my eyes.  I kept thinking why can’t the world feel this, Why am I in a place that I can’t be in at all times in today’s reality.  While it is truly healing emotional experience, it also brings sadness to me.  I am not ready to understand this deepness, but maybe with wisdom ongoing I  hope to feel this and be in this place at all times.
“ One cannot lead another where one has not gone himself.” When I think of these words       Buddha’s teachings come to mind.   Like him I need to know, so I can grow, so I can understand         my existence in connection to the world and all people around me.   Opening himself to the joy and pain of life, by experiencing what others felt physical and emotionally, gave him the capacity for true healing.  When you know firsthand by feeling, physically, emotionally, and  spiritually what a patient is going through, only then can you offer advice and guidance.   Lastly I  believe patients will accept healers’ advice if they know the healer practices it themselves.     



3 comments:

  1. Wow! I was really touched after I read your description of “Meeting Asciepius” the read was very relaxing and your explanation made it easy to have a clear visual of your experience. I have trouble fully benefiting from the CD exercise on the first go around. I find that reading the blogs really helps me find another approach to the exercises. Thank you for sharing and touching the heart your reader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vickie, you have such a wonderful way with words! Your description of this excercise is so close to what I was feeling. I find myself with tears streaming down my cheeks often as I read this material with the same question in my heart. Why can't the world see this! Maybe if people like us keep spreading the word and the practice , we will eventually reach that wonderful state of being. You rock sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki, Like you said on my blog when the practitioner has gone down the same path as the patient it creates this bond. You have a spiritual connection with that person and it makes you believe in them and yourself more. You can't really empathize with the person if you don't know exactly what they are feeling. I think this is important in all aspects of healing. Like when I was choosing a pediatrician I wanted someone who had small children and could relate to me and my personal situation. I didn't want someone who had children as old as me seeing my baby. Not that they were not knowledgeable and perfectly capable of helping my child but they would not be in touch with the feelings that I would be feeling at the moment. You do have a way with words maybe you should consider writing as well.

    ReplyDelete