After listening and practicing the breathing technique, I felt more focused and relaxed. This is my favorite mindful practice. It is easy, free, you always breath, so the reminder to do the practice is there. I am an advocate of easy methods both for myself and patients. I believe when the technique is simple a person is more apt to not only use it, but continue the practice of breathing creating a witnessing mind as a natural part of their lives. Personally, it works very well in removing mental chatter.
A quick note to class: You can change the CD visuals by right clicking on the image screen and choosing other visuals. I found this after calming my mind through the breathing exercise and exploration. There are some good visuals check them out.
Vicki D.
Humanness and Wonder
About Me
- Vicki Dansereau
- Vicki is a medical coder and biller for a New York Hospital. She helps patients sort through medical insurance issues and is a patient adovacate for the elderly who need administrative assistance. Her favorite season is the Fall and forest settings. I am studying for a Bachelor of Science Degree in Health and Wellness. I hope to use my degree to continue in the medical administrative field and possibly branch out to teaching healing techniques beyond conventional Western methods to elderly patients in a nursing home setting or hospice care center.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Vickie,
ReplyDeleteThanks for the tip on the visuals, didn't know the CD had visuals. I liked this one also, it is easy and similar to the meditation I do to relax my mind, although I don't concentrate on my breathing I like to concentrate on the nature sounds the breathing is good practice because you can do it anywhere.
Hi Vicki - It took a conscious effort but I eventually made it through this meditation. I think if I did this in the morning I'd be able to journey deeper within without falling asleep after one too many deep breaths! Anyway, I do like learning how complex we are yet can incorporate some simple techniques and disciplines to help us learn who we are and how we tick.
ReplyDeleteSometimes I feel deprived not growing up with a holistic care approach but I'm enjoying learning about it now.
Barbara